Changing environment, learning new language and new culture,being a wife and a mother, living far away from families and friends, I have come to share my views, thoughts, feelings, ideas on so many things that I cherish.

May 23, 2013

Thankful Thursday

It's Thursday and I'm joining a lot of other bloggers to share a post on what I'm thankful for. It's a way of saying "Thank You God" for all he has been doing in my life and for my family. This will be a weekly post and I would like my readers to comment and let us know what they are also thankful for.

I'm thankful that my husband has been safe and sound while touring some countries in Africa. We miss him so much and we are looking forward to his coming back.

I'm thankful for life, good health and good people that we are surrounded with. Our friends have always been there for us and some times,  I don't even remember that we live very far away from home.

I'm also thankful that after some years, I have the motivation to go back to  school to do an advanced level German Language. I've been dreading it but I know it will be good for  my career.  

   God's Beautiful Delights....
Early in the glow of morning light
As I softly wake upon the dawn
My heart cries out in thankfullness
To greet another dawn

I thank the Lord for sundrenched skies
For dreams upon a starry night
For flowers blooming in the garden
For rays of sparkling light

I revel in the captivation
Of every day delights
That make me sing through every season
With the joy our Father brings

For summer's warmth and cooling breeze
For striking color of the fall
For winter's cozy fires
And the birth of spring's new call

For the thankfulness we feel
Before the hope of Christmas comes
To celebrate the greatness of our Savior
And His everlasting love.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is always good to give thanks Nekky. My best wishes to you and your family and I wish you success in your studies. Beautiful poem! I am grateful for the strength that God has given me to face life's challenges and the support of friends and relatives.

Nekky said...

Thanks a million Judy. Good friends and family are great gifts. Nothing to be compared with them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...