Changing environment, learning new language and new culture,being a wife and a mother, living far away from families and friends, I have come to share my views, thoughts, feelings, ideas on so many things that I cherish.

November 18, 2011

Inspirational Afro Hair Braids from Alicia Keys (Fashion Friday).

Call her the queen of braids and you are not far from the truth. Alicia Keys has made a fashion statement with her signature braids style's which are always well put together. Smaller cornrows like these last longer and can really open up the face.

If you want to get the Down-to-earth and no no-nonsense look, you simply need hair that looks good without sapping too much of your time and energy. Whether working, taking care of home, or boogying down at the reggae room, you need your hair out of the way and these simple but nice looking hair styles are great for that.
Box and micro braids are super looks for you and your busy schedule, as are tree-braid weaves that give you the look of weft extensions without the wefts.






7 comments:

May said...

You've made me to start thinking about making cornrows again.. She looks really amazing..

Fomsky said...

I love these braids: I might do one myself soon. They look awfully tempting

Beauty and The Green said...

Beautiful..lol, if only it didn't take so blasted long to have this done.

Nekky said...

@Beauty, it doesn't take long and that's why I'm loving them.

Unknown said...

Alicia Keyes certainly looks great in all these beautiful braid hairstyles. Braids are very popular in Jamaica. It is wonderful to see how skilled some persons are in coming up with various braid hairstyles. Take care Nekky.

Mrs. Nerdy said...

I love these braided styles! I want to try the simpler one at top on my little one!

Now following via GFC from the hop! Come follow me back At

http://slightlynerdysometimescool.blogspot.com/

JTWisdom said...

I have never had braids and I am always wondering about people making them to tight. I have seen people scratching and poking their head because the braids itch.They look cute on Alicia and as long as a person has a good braider who doesn't make the braids to tight everything should be fine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...