Changing environment, learning new language and new culture,being a wife and a mother, living far away from families and friends, I have come to share my views, thoughts, feelings, ideas on so many things that I cherish.

February 08, 2012

How Lap-Band Surgery Can Change Your Life

Overweight and weight loss have become an important issue in our society today. This is an issue that concerns both men and women and people of all ages. For those that are obese, I would recommend a Lab-Band Surgery. 
After so many years of trying to loose  weight, a family friend of ours had to support her boy friend (who was densely overweight) to go through this surgery and the outcome was successful.

Lab Band surgery is the fastest growing surgery in the world today. It is one of the most frequently types of weight loss surgery for the treatment of obesity. This bariatric procedure has proven to be a safe and effective method of surgical weight loss since its worldwide debut in the mid 1990's.


What is Lap Band Surgery

Adjustable gastric surgery with the Lab Band is a form of weight loss surgery designed for obesity patients with a body mass index of 35 or greater. It employs an inflatable silicone band which is implanted around the top portion of a person's stomach via laparoscopic surgery.

Lab band surgery can change your life for better, but it requires a commitment on your part. You must be ready to make some important lifelong changes in how you eat and how you live to truly benefit from your Lap-Band surgery. This changes should start event before your surgery. Some Lap-Band surgeons may suggest that you even start eating several small, balanced meals in the weeks before your surgery to get used to this new way of eating. It is also helpful to cut down on between-meal snacks, and try to sip eight (64 ounces) of low calorie, non-carbonated fluids each day. If you are a smoker, quitting is a must as smoking can interfere with the healing process. It may also be helpful to start a moderate exercise program ( if are able).

According to Luca, this is his confession and success story after the surgery:

I have been overweight most of my adult life, my highest weight being 403 lbs. I hit rock bottom about 2 years ago. I had Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol and my knees had basically given out. I was on 12 prescription medications. I decided to have Lap-Band surgery in November of 2010 and since then my life has only gotten better.
I went from a size 58 to a size 37 my first year after the surgery. I have actually cut a total of 21" from my belt. I am now taking only one prescription medication and that's for my blood pressure.
Being obese was taking a toll not only on my life but it also had a huge impact on my financial expenses for doctors and prescriptions. I save a lot of money now and by me eating healthier my grocery bill has decreased by 1/4.




 Disclaimer: I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog for lap band
surgery and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...