Changing environment, learning new language and new culture,being a wife and a mother, living far away from families and friends, I have come to share my views, thoughts, feelings, ideas on so many things that I cherish.

October 07, 2011

Natural Beauty Remedies from the Kitchen (Fashion and Beauty Friday)




Oatmeal: is known to be a good natural and inexpensive home remedy for dry skin and acne. It is also very soothing for itchy skin. To treat acne and the likes with oatmeal, simply grind (using a blender or mixer) your oatmeal into a fine powder.Dissolve oatmeal in lukewarm water, and apply the solution to all affected areas leaving it for 10-15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with fresh (cold) water. Pat your skin dry with a soft towel, be gentle and make sure not to rub and further irritate your skin.


Sugar: Sugar can be used as body and facial scrub. Ex-foliating your skin regularly is important to help remove excess dirt, dead skin, and oils to rejuvenate your skin. Sugar ex-foliates without tearing away the skin because they are very fine(I don't use it on a daily basis though). Simply mix honey, olive oil, and brown sugar in a bowl. Massage with fingertips into the skin. Let sit as little or as long as you like. First, rinse away with warm water and then followed with cold water.


Olive oil: Not only for it's internal benefits, Extra virgin olive oil is the preferred grade for moisturising the skin and helps remove build-up.
Olive oil is loaded with skin loving nutrients and is a natural humectant that actually helps attract moisture to your dry skin. Olive oil contains antioxidants, squalene, clorophyll,vitamin e, vitamin k, phenols, oleocanthal, etc. It is also great for hair and the scalp. Olive oil is a good natural make-up remover, nail and cuticle moisturiser.


Lemon: This is very good for oily skin. The natural citric acid in lemon helps break down oil molecules and cleanses the top layer of skin to reveal a smooth and soft complexion. Simply mix equal part of fresh lemon juice and water. Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and gently dab on skin/face. If the burning sensation is much, wash out with cold water. Follow up with a good moisturiser for an oily skin.


Natural Yoghurt: Apart from it's nutritional values, natural yoghurt can be applied externally. It can be used for the hair, face and body. It exfoliates the skin because it contains a good dose of lactic acid. It locks moisture , softens, brightens and soothes the skin. It cleanses the skin and helps in diminishing blemishes. It gives a clearer and smoother complexion. Apply it your face/skin using a soft brush or clean finger tips. Lease it on for about 15-20 minutes and rinse.

Do you have any Natural Beauty Remedies from the kitchen? Please share with us.

16 comments:

May said...

The only natural beauty remedy i use for now is Honey. Because i don't have much need for it due to my skin type. Thanks for sharing this ones with us.

Unknown said...

I love reading about natural remedies. Thanks for sharing. New follower from the weekend blog hop.

Unknown said...

Hi Nekky,
I found this very informative. I have always been buying products. These days I sometimes use St. Ives apricot scrub. As you so rightly state here, there are some natural remedies right in the kitchen. I hope your weekend is going good.
Judy

Kenya G. Johnson said...

Good tips! Thanks.

brightbird said...

Great tips! I'm a new follower from the blog hop! http://www.brightbirddeals.com/

Tracy @ Mama-press said...

Great list. I love natural home remedies. A spoonful of honey is good for a sore throat. It's not a beauty remedy, but medical, which is just as important. I gave you good karma on triberr.
Http://www.mama-press.com

Elizabeth said...

Love your skin tips...thanks.

NEW FOLLOWER.

Stop by my blog if you like...lots of reviews and photos of Scotland.

Elizabeth

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

New visitor/follower from Exposure 99% Weekday Blog HOp.

I love natural remedies. While familiar with some of the things you listed, I did learn a few new ones. Thanks! ;O)

Charlene said...

We use oatmeal for all types of things. Even great for kids skin!

Found you through the 99% hop and looking forward to checking out your posts. Now following you! THANKS!

Charlene
The Balance Beam
Life balance, Humor, Overshare
http://www.beamingbalance.com

Darlene said...

Hi there
New follower from the blog hop.
http://mylittlehouseoftreasures.blogspot.com/


Darlene

Lindsay said...

I've always wanted to try these. My sister does the oatmeal mask for her face and she loves it!

Nekky said...

Give it a try Lindsay, you'd love it.

Unknown said...

These are great! I'm going to try the sugar one. I like to rub olive oil on my hands and arms, but I've never tried it on my face. I do have oily skin, and will try the lemon one too!

Anonymous said...

I use these all the time! Great that you compiled them into a list like this.

Jinnia said...

Hi Nekky, this post was very informative! I did not know sugar can be used to ex-foliate the skin. Thanks for sharing this great list.

Beauty and The Green said...

Wow, these are great tips. I never tried oatmeal on my face before, it's a must try for me. Thanks so much for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...