If you are considering breaking out of your comfort aesthetic zone this Spring - whether you are a working class or stay-at-home mom, single or married, etc, it will be less daunting when you start small. The winter months are behind us and with the freshness of the spring, you can add more colours and life to your day-to-day fashion.
1. Slowly add new colours to your wardrobe. You don't need to quit an earth tone habit cold turkey or trade all your pastels for more somber shades. Just try a fresh palette; most importantly, put on one thing - like a pair of shoes, you can even try flat white sandals for women or a colour you've never worn before.
2. Tweak your haircolour by one or two shades. This will make your hair suddenly look brighter and fresher. You can try some semi-permanent dyes that washes out over several weeks or just apply a gloss to add shine and tone down brassiness.
3. Try a hair piece. This is not scary as many women would think. Add extra length and body by clipping a fall under your own hair just beneath your crown. Don't be hesitant to experience some bangs for a while.
4. Pick up a new bag. You don't just have to wear it, just carry it. That's why a purse or tote that's a little funkier, or more conservative, than your usual look is a perfect gateaway piece.
5. Get glimmery. A little sparkle, whether metallic shoes or a shimmery top, can give a live to your look - even during daytime (try to avoid bright colour, a skintight silhoutte, and brilliant shine all at one).
Do you have other ideas? Share with us.