Changing environment, learning new language and new culture,being a wife and a mother, living far away from families and friends, I have come to share my views, thoughts, feelings, ideas on so many things that I cherish.

March 12, 2013

Some Loving Reflections About Mothers

These are some collections of  short quotes about mothers. I love them and want to share them with you. If you know more, please share with us in the comment box.

* A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them  - Victor Hugo

* Who takes the child by the hand takes the mother by the heart   - Danish Proverb

* The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world   -  William Ross Wallace

*  God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers   - Jewish Proverb

*  All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother   -  Abraham Lincoln

* A mother understands what a child does not say    - Jewish Proverb

* A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child   -  Sophia Loren

* My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it   -  Mark Twain

* My doctors told me I would never walk, but my mother told me I would, so I believed my mother - Wilma Rudolph

* Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together   -  Pearl Buck

* A mother is not to be compared with another person; she is INCOMPARABLE    -  African Proverb

* My mother raised me, and then freed me   -  Maya Angelou

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, I love these!

Unknown said...

Mothers are indeed very special Nekky. I love these quotations. I have been blessed with a wonderful mother, the only parent I have had since age 13. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...