Changing environment, learning new language and new culture,being a wife and a mother, living far away from families and friends, I have come to share my views, thoughts, feelings, ideas on so many things that I cherish.

September 24, 2011

Bietigheim Farmers on Tractors

I like buying fruits and vegetables around my region and I like all the dedicated local farmers around us who make sure we have sufficient and assorted fruits and vegetables to buy. Bietigheim Weekend Market is an age long local market where only fresh food crops are sold by the nearby local farmers. It feels good to know where some of the things I buy are coming from ( it's like eating things that come from my own garden). I also like how one can communicate with these people as opposed to grocery stores. They usually have some tips on how to use or preserve foods and even some traditional mouth watering recipes. 
At the last Horse Market, our local farmers participated at the closing parade where they proudly drove their tractors. I couldn't help but capture some of their  pictures:








9 comments:

Anonymous said...

These photos bring back wonderful memories from my 5 year stay in Germany! I loved it there, such a beautiful place. Thank you for sharing! ~Hugs, M

Unknown said...

Lovely pictures Nekky! I have lived on a farm all my life so I am really fascinated by these. I am always happy to see your posts and therefore I am also happy to pass on the KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD to you. You can see the details on my Blog. Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Judy

Nekky said...

@Mumsy, nice to hear that you stayed in Germany. It's really a nice place. I'm loving it here.

MaureenT said...

My Hubby would love those!
I am a new follower...Please follow me?

http://musingsbymaureen.blogspot.com/

Luisa Rodríguez said...

Nice pictures!!
Though I'm a junk food lover, I'm crazy about all kinds of fresh fruits!

Hey, nice blog you have here - I got here through Blogaholic. I'm really glad I found your blog. I'm your newest follower. Hope you find the time to come visit me too sometime.



mustbeliberating.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love my farmer's market, you can't beat fresh, local produce and the energy there is so bright! New Follower from the Hop. Stop by my blog when you have a chance.

May said...

Nice pictures. My kids love tractors a lot and i know they would have really enjoyed seeing this...

Lenasledgeblog.com said...

Looks like fun. I think the tractors in the parade is really fantastic. I love that I live near a rural area where we can get fresh fruit and veggies directly from farmers or farmers market.

New follower. Great blog. I love the header.

LindyLouMac said...

Great post, I always enjoy produce markets and what fun to have a parade of the tractors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...